The National Institute on Aging (NIA), Division of Behavioral and Social Research (BSR), seeks a population or social scientist to be a Health Scientist Administrator in the Population and Social Processes Branch (http://www.nia.nih.gov/research/dbsr/population-and-social-processes-psp). The HSA will manage and develop a portfolio of innovative grant-supported research and research training and identify scientific opportunities to generate new knowledge supporting the NIA mission (http://www.nia.nih.gov/about).
- Providing scientific administration at each stage of the grants process, including reviewing and approving progress reports;
- Identifying significant research findings in areas of expertise, summarizing and explaining the results to NIA leadership and other audiences;
- Proposing future program emphases, and drafting Funding Opportunity Announcements, based on knowledge of the scientific fields and NIA goals;
- Communicating about NIA program emphases and the NIH grant process to prospective applicants and grantees;
- Presenting and justifying funding plans to NIA leaders and the National Advisory Council on Aging;
- Participating in NIH- and department-wide research initiatives as approved;
- Depending on qualifications and experience, serving as Project Scientist for one or more of the major longitudinal data resources supported by BSR, such as the Health and Retirement Study or the National Health and Aging Trends Study.
All applicants will receive consideration without regard to ethnicity, gender, national origin, age, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
The work site is Bethesda, Maryland. Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience; excellent benefits are offered. The position will likely be posted at the GS-12, 13, and 14 federal government salary grades, with an annual salary between $77,490 and $141,555.
For more information: Interested parties should contact John Haaga at John.Haaga@nih.gov. This is a pre-announcement of the vacancy which will be posted on www.usajobs.gov and applications must be submitted through that website to be considered. All inquiries will remain confidential.